As part of your reading for this unit, you read the “Volkswagen wants the United Auto Workers” case study on page 490 ofFundamentals of Human Resource Management. Respond to the questions below in a 3–4 page paper. Be sure to include enough detail to provide context for your ideas and to demonstrate your understanding of these concepts. Also, be sure to include all necessary APA citations and a references page. Please submit your responses in a Microsoft Word document.
- Using the Internet, find current information related to this case. Provide a summary of the current situation (or resolution, if there is one) about this case. Be sure to incorporate current information about this case with your responses to the next two questions.
- What business objectives were Volkswagen managers trying to meet by allowing the UAW to organize its workforce in Chattanooga?
- Assuming that Local 42 succeeds in signing up workers, do you expect that Volkswagen’s management will need to prepare for problems in collective bargaining with the union? Why or why not?
- Written communication: It should be free of errors, so that the overall message is clear.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA style.
- Number of resources: Minimum of two current credible business or professional resources, no older than five years. Distinguished submissions will likely exceed that minimum.
- Parts of paper:
- Title page.
- Body of paper.
- References page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.