scerning relevant evidence is an important government function. The prosecution has the duty to turn over exculpatory evidence to the defense in criminal prosecutions.
- Address the following in 800–1,000 words:
- Brief the following cases:
- Brady v. Maryland
- Giglio v. United States
- Your case briefs should follow the format below:
- Title: Title of the selected case
- Facts: Summary of the events, court timeline, evidence, and so forth
- Issues: Issues that were present in this case
- Decisions: The court’s decision and the conclusion to the case
- Reasoning: The rationale behind the final decision
- Dissenting opinions: Any dissenting opinions, and an explanation of what they were and why they were raised
- Address the following questions:
- What is relevant evidence? Explain in detail.
- What is exculpatory evidence? Explain in detail.
- What is the importance of exculpatory evidence during trial?
- Read and discuss Brady v. Maryland and Giglio v. United States regarding this issue.
- Provide any further examples that you feel are appropriate.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.