Week 3 Reading 1
Ball, D., Geringer, M., Minor, M., McNett, J. (2010). Economic and socioeconomic forces. In International business: The challenge of global competition (12th ed) (pp. 210-240). McGraw Hill.
You work at a company that manufactures low-cost computers and is currently considering entering India. Use the World Development Indicators (WDI) – the World Bank’s premier data compilation of data on development – to gather information on this country. Prepare a short report focusing on the economic policy and external debt, education, and infrastructure of India as it applies to your company’s product. Make sure you examine the trends India may have been experiencing over the past few years in your selected variables. Your report should be a maximum of 1 page, double-spaced, Word or PDF document. However, you can have unlimited number of exhibits that should be put in an Appendix in the same file.
- Go to Resource Desk: http://globaledge.msu.edu/ResourceDesk/
- Search Phrase: “World Development Indicators”
- Resource Name: World Bank: World Development Indicators globalEDGE™
- Category: “News & Periodicals: Publications”
- Website: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator
On the World Bank website, click on the “By Country” tab and select India. Then, go to the corresponding indicators.