Relate your professional or personal experience in the business world, assignment help
In a well-written paper, relate your professional or personal experience in the business world to the readings for the week.
- Identify and clearly define the relevant law, either defining a legal doctrine, provisions of a law, or elements of a specific cause of action.
- Apply facts from your situation to the applicable law, doctrine or cause of action studied.
- Does the result in this suggest a need for tort reform? Why or why not? In answering this question, make an argument for or against tort reform.
- Clearly summarize lessons learned from the week as they apply to your fact pattern and make links to the readings and/or module.
- Include new thoughts or ideas based on the module information. This is your reflection/insight that logically would flow from each information point presented.
- Make sure your experience actually relates to the material for the week.
Sometimes students have difficulty identifying a personal or professional torts case. You may also research a torts case to discuss if you do not have a personal or professional experience to discuss. Be sure to complete all bulleted points above.
In the area of torts we see many causes of action that are comprised of “elements.” Define each element and apply facts from your situation to the law or elements. For instance, if you write about a situation involving negligence, you would define negligence stating, “Negligence occurs where a person’s conduct falls below the standard of care, resulting in a breach of duty which is the direct and proximate cause of injury to another person or thing. The elements of negligence are 1) duty; 2) breach; 3) causation; and 4) damages.”
Your paper should be 2-3 pages in length, not including the title or references pages. Review the grading rubric, which can be accessed from the Course Information page, and make sure to follow the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. Please be sure to reach out to your instructor early in the week if you have difficulty identifying an appropriate topic.