1. According to the OSHA construction standards, what is a competent person? Discuss two examples of competent person requirements from the construction standards.
2. What are the four classifications of employers under OSHA’s multi-employer worksite policy? How do they relate to each other?
3. What are the four classifications of employers under OSHA’s multi-employer worksite policy? How do they relate to each other?
4. Using the requirements for General Duty violations in Chapter 4 of the OSHA Field Operations Manual (FOM) describe a situation that could be cited as a violation of the General Duty Clause. Remember that the General Duty Clause can only be applied if there is no OSHA standard for the hazard. Explain how your citation meets the four elements listed in the FOM as necessary to prove such a violation.
5. Imagine that you are the safety manager on a large construction site and are notified that an OSHA inspector has arrived at the site gate, inspection warrant in-hand, requesting access. Describe the procedures you would follow to accommodate the inspector’s request and how the inspection should proceed.