Organizational Collaboration, management assignment help
Assignment 1: Discussion
Before beginning work on this week’s discussion forum, please review the link “Doing Discussion Questions Right,” the expanded grading rubric for the forum, and any specific instructions for this week’s topic.
By Saturday, October 1, 2016, respond to the assigned discussion questions and submit your responses to the appropriate topic in this Discussion Area. Respond to the assigned questions using the lessons and vocabulary found in the reading.
Discussion Question – Organizational Collaboration
This week you read about collaboration, what makes collaboration successful, and the role that leaders play in successful collaboration. Some of the more innovative companies are creating a culture of collaboration where everyone has strengths that they bring to the table, and everyone is involved in solving problems and creating new ideas.
For the first part of your post,
Research a company that has a culture of collaboration:
- Briefly assess which of the organization’s characteristics make you think that the culture is collaborative.
- Assess whether the company is successful at collaboration. If so, provide an example that supports your opinion. If not, discuss why it is not successful.
- Analyze the role the company’s top leaders play in the culture of collaboration.
For the second part of your post,
- Choose a situation where you were part of a collaborative effort that was successful and a situation where you were part of a collaborative effort that was not successful. These can be from work, from sports teams, or from other collaborative efforts you have experienced.
- Compare these two collaborative efforts to analyze what the similarities and differences were, and why one was successful and one was not.
Conclude your post with a three or four sentence summary of the most important point, lesson or takeaways from your research and analysis for your initial post.
Provide a substantive (500–1,000 words) initial discussion posting. Justify your answers with examples and reasoning. Comment on the initial postings of at least two peers. Your responses to other initial posts must be a 100 to 200 word minimum each.
By Saturday, October 1, 2016, post your initial response to the Discussion Area.