Option #1: Film Trend Assessment
The 2014 summer box office receipts were the worst in nearly a decade. Per the following newspaper article, the season failed to produce a single blockbuster film that broke $300 million in North American ticket sales for the first time in several years:
Perform an assessment of trends in recent major studio film releases over the past decade (or longer), keeping the following questions in mind to argue why you think the summer box office failed in 2014:
- How do the 2014 summer releases fit that trend (or don’t)?
- What were the failures in production that led to these poor sales? Was this summer a fluke, or is it a sign of a coming trend?
- What influences beyond the film industry are putting pressure on box office sales?
- What, if anything, does the film industry need to change in order to attract audiences in today’s media environment?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Feel free to use the readings from this or any other module, in addition to incorporating at least two to three scholarly sources not used in this course.
- Make your paper 3-4 pages in length, not including the cover and reference pages.
- Format your document according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.