1. Chapter 7: Question #7 – Page 161 of Operations & Supply Management 14th Ed (2 pts)
For each of the following variables,explain the differences (in general) as one moves from a workcenter to an assembly line environment.
- a. Throughput time (time to convert raw materials into product)
- b. Capital/labor intensity
- c. Bottlenecks
2. Chapter 7: Question #8 – Page 161 of Operations & Supply Management 14th ed (2 pts) ( Reference the example 7.1 on page 152)
A book publisher has fixed costs of $300,000 and variable costs per book of $8.00. The book sells for $23.00 per copy
- a. What is the break even point?
FACILITY LAYOUT PROBLEM
ABC Corporation is planning to assemble a lawnmower using an assembly line. The following table provides the job elements and their precedence elements and the element times.
|ELEMENT||PRECEDENCE ELEMENT||ELEMENT TIME|
Draw the precedence diagram of this assembly job. (2PTS) ( see page 176-178 of your text book, Exhibit 8.9&8.10).
If the production requirement for the lawnmower is 500 units per 8 hour shift, what will be the speed of this assembly line? (2PTS)
(Line speed = Time allotted per shift in seconds/no. of units produced per shift)
Chapter 9: Question #1&3 – Page 217 of Operations & Supply Management 14th ed (2 pts)
- 1.What is the term used for a bundle of goods and services that are provided in some environment by every service operation?
- 2. List the 3 significant ways in which service systems differ from manufacturing systems.
Write your responses in a word document. Please show your work. Upload and submit the file via the title link