Part 1: Locate and analyze two scholarly articles that contain information regarding career development in marketing. Compare the articles, being certain to notate key professional skills that would prove essential for your personal development in the career of your choice. In a 1- to 2-page, well-written paper, analyze how you could effectively apply the skills you have notated and how they would benefit your professional growth.
Part 2: Conduct a job search using a reputable resource such as Monster.com or Careerbuilder.com to locate a few dream marketing positions. Read the job description and discuss whether the skills researched in the articles match desired skills described by the potential employer.
- What other competencies are desired by the employer?
- How would you present yourself to a potential employer?
- What etiquette and communication skills would you use to get an interview?
Part 3: Develop a strategy for job hunting in your area of interest. How would you manage your time, tasks and goals?
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be a total of 2-3 pages in length, not including title and reference pages
- Include at least 3 outside sources.