Create an 8- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes (or another presentation format as approved by your instructor) that addresses the following:
- What is racism? In what ways does racism affect diversity?
- Throughout most of U.S. history, in most locations, what race has been in the majority? What is the common ancestral background of most members of this group?
- What are some of the larger racial minorities in U.S. history? Identify the common ancestral backgrounds of each of these groups. When did each become a significant or notable minority group?
- Describe ways laws have been used to enforce discrimination? Provide examples. Which racial minorities were affected?
- Describe ways laws have been used to eliminate discrimination? Provide examples. Summarize the effects of these laws.
- How do racial groups interact in contemporary America? Are interactions positive, negative, or neutral? Support your response using proper citations.
- Identify any existing social inequities based on race that remain today. Summarize the effects of remaining inequities on the group.
Include detailed speaker notes and images that support your content. Each slide should have three to four bullets of text which are a high-level overview of what’s included in your speaker notes. You may write the speaker notes in the notes section of your selected presentation tool or in a separate Word document.
Cite your sources according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.