- Please read the SHRM Foundation report “HRM’s Role in Corporate Social and Environmental Sustainability.”
- Write a paper on Avon with inclusion of one or more paragraphs for each of the following steps, using similar headings in your paper:
- Current Sustainability Strategy. Distinguish between corporate social responsibility and sustainability, and describe the current sustainability strategy of your selected organization.
- Different Routes. Assess the organization’s development in advancing sustainability by identifying which business sustainability route best matches your selected organization: a values-based route, a strategic route, or a defensive route. Explain, as well as provide evidential support.
- Stakeholders. Identify the HRM stakeholders affected by HR policies, processes and performance. Integrate learning from the 1.1 devotional on stewardship of influence. In addition to the written paragraph description, create a graphic illustration (see Figure 7, HRM Stakeholders, on page 26, for one example).
- Key HRM Issues. Select and prioritize key HRM issues especially relevant to supporting a sustainable organization for the company you selected. Give an explanation for the selection and prioritization. In addition to the written paragraph description, provide a graphic illustration similar to the generic HRM materiality matrix shown in Figure 8, on page 29.
- Revising an HR Policy to Reflect Sustainability Principles. Revise one current HR policy to be in line with sustainability principles. Identify the policy and explain the revisions needed to better reflect sustainability principles. Include the original policy and the revised policy as Appendix A. (The policy is not included in the word count requirement for the paper.)
- Developing an HR Policy and Initiative to Reflect Sustainability Principles. To support the organization’s principles of social and environmental sustainability, develop a new HR policy and initiative in one of the following three areas: (a) employee volunteering program, (b) employer branding, or (c) green HRM:
- Draft the policy for the new initiative and place it in Appendix B. (The policy is not included in the word count requirement for the paper.)
- In a paragraph in the body of the paper, identify the following in support of the new policy and initiative: the role of HRM, the HRM objective, two metrics for measuring the objective, and the business value gained by the new initiative’s implementation.
- Your paper should be 800-1000 words in length, not including the title page, reference page, or appendix items.
- Use APA formatting. Cite the following sources: the SHRM report, http://www.clomedia.com/2016/06/23/leaders-need-a-… & http://www.workforce.com/2013/09/11/a-midsize-corp…
AVON website on corporate social responsibility and sustainability