Deliverable length: 300–600 words
- Distinguish regulatory and administrative concerns in the hospitality industry
- Identify the legal factors involved in managing the property of a hospitality business
- List the responsibilities as a hospitality operator; responsibilities to guests and guests’ property
To receive full credit for this Discussion Forum assignment and to facilitate an academic discussion, the following 3 parts need to be completed:
- Primary Task Response: Must be posted in the forum 5 days prior to the Part 3 due date.
- Peer Response: Must be posted 2 days prior to Part 3 due date.
- Summary Response: Must be posted by due date listed in assignment list.
Part 1: Primary Task
Within the Discussion Forum area, write at least 300 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Hospitality operators can set the mood of their establishment through their music selections. With the increasing accessibility of music online, a wider musical collection becomes easily available. Is music downloaded for a restaurant’s background music playlist an infringement on intellectual property rights? Provide a detailed explanation for your response