MUST BE ORIGINAL AND PASS ALL ORIGINALITY TESTS
- Examine two ways that companies can recruit qualified job applicants. Determine which method may be most effective and predict how it could benefit the company when hiring new employees.
- Go to O*Net Online’s Website and review at least two (2) different occupation descriptions. Next, compare the two selected occupation descriptions. Recommend two changes to make the occupation descriptions more marketable. Provide examples to support your recommendations. Be sure to provide details of the occupation descriptions in case others want to use them.
- Propose two ways that a company can gain a competitive advantage over other companies when striving to recruit job applicants. Determine whether technology has assisted or hindered the process.
- Imagine you are head of the HR department, and you have been asked to review two applicants for the sales clerk position at your company. Alice, the first applicant has 10 years of experience in sales work, but can be easily distracted. She will not work on commission and cannot work weekends. She can be a little obstinate, but has an excellent job history. Mary, the second applicant, has one year experience, but very congenial and loves working with people. Her work schedule is very flexible, but she can become a little stressed at times and has been known for having to quietly leave and regroup for a short time. Determine which candidate would be the “right fit”. Support your decision by describing the thought process that lead up to your decision.
- Read the article titled “The Role of Corporate Communication and Perception of Justice during Organizational Change Process”. Next, analyze the relationship between communication and resistance. Evaluate the major consequences of poor communication.
- It is sometimes difficult to agree upon essential wants and desirable wants in a consulting relationship. Characterize how you would reach agreement with a potential client about the absolutely critical elements and the nice-to-have elements of a relationship.
- Illustrate the skills, methods, and techniques for encouraging and creating conversations of engagement with examples from a political campaign of your choice.
- Take a position as to whether using social media provides an organization with a new competitive advantage or whether traditional methods such as job postings on the company website are still better for recruiting quality job candidates. Justify your position.
- Determine if companies should ask for consent from potential and current employees when using social media as another form of background check. Suggest an advantage or disadvantage inclusive to the traditional credit, criminal, or reference checks when using social media. Provide a rationale for your position