Ethical and Socially Responsive Business
worth 120 points
Because of the human aspect of ethics and its links to business success, corporate leaders must be careful about their behaviors, and how they address problems. For this assignment, you must select the code of ethical conduct for one (1) of the following restaurants:
· Cheesecake Factory (http://investors.thecheesecakefactory.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=109258&p=irol-govconduct)
As a basis for your written assignment, you will assume that you are the CEO of your chosen restaurant. Be sure to identify the restaurant you have chosen in your written paper.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
Describe key areas of the selected company’s code of conduct that are of significant importance to the business, and explain why.
4. Explain the key steps that the company should take to ensure that employees follow the code of conduct.
5. Suggest three (3) ways in which the restaurant can engage in socially responsive activities in the community within which it operates.
6. Use at least two (2) quality resources. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as a quality resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Discuss the roles of ethics and social responsibilities in business.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in business.
· Write clearly and concisely about business issues using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills,