Join your classmates and your instructor for a discussion of physician-assisted suicide.
Please respond to all of the following prompts:
- If you or a close family member or friend were terminally ill, would you consider physician-assisted suicide as a means of terminating suffering?
- If your answer is “yes,” what conditions would have to exist?
- If an elderly client of your law firm asked your personal advice on this practice, how would you respond?
- Should the practice be banned, or legalized?
- What possible abuses might accompany legalized physician-assisted suicide?