Reference: Staffing Organizations 8th Edition – Herbert G. Heneman III; Timothy A. Judge & John Kammeyer-Mueller
- Suggest two (2) staffing strategies that organizations can utilize to maintain sustainability and minimize the impact of a significant percentage of the workforce approaching retirement age. Support your rationale with specific examples of such strategies.
- Use the Internet to research companies that utilize external recruiting processes. Next, based on your research, provide three (3) characteristics of a job where external recruitment would be ideal. Next, determine two (2) advantages and two (2) disadvantages of using each recruiting process. Support your position with specific examples of the identified advantages and disadvantages.
Please respond to the following:
- Select three (3) out of the five (5) discussion questions presented on pages 302 and 303 of your textbook. Answer your chosen questions, and justify your answers.
1. Traditional career paths emphasize strict upward mobility within an organization. How does mobility differ in organizations with innovative career paths? List three innovative career paths discuss in this chapter and describe how mobility occurs in each.
2. A sound promotion policy is important. List the characteristics necessary for an effective promotion policy.
3. Compare and contrast a closed internal recruitment system with an open internal recruitment system.
4. What information should be included in the targeted internal communication message?
5. Exhibit 6.9 contains many suggestions for improving the advancement of women and minorities. Choose the three suggestions you think are most important and explain why.