DQ 300 words-Discuss different strategies that businesses can use when going global. What do you think companies and employees need to do in order to compete?
This week we are learning the following:
- Name the three basic differences that firms contemplating foreign expansion must make: which markets to enter, when to enter those markets, and on what scale
- Identify the different strategies for competing globally and their pros and cons
- Define profitability factors that influence organizations in expanding globally
- Define the different organizational choices that can be made in an international business
- Identify ways that an international business can change to better match its strategy
- Name the different modes that firms use to enter foreign mark
- Identify the factors that influence a firm’s choice of entry strategy
International Business by Charles W. L. Hill and G. Tomas M. Hult
Read Chapters 13, 14, and 15 of International Business.
- Chapter 13, “The Strategy of International Business“
- Here you will review basic principles of strategy and how companies can profit from global expansion. You will also evaluate strategies a firm may pursue when competing internationally and identify the various factors that affect its choice of strategy
- Chapter 14, “The Organization of International Business”
- “Strategy is implemented through [organizational] architecture.” In this chapter, you will reflect on the internal consistency among organizational architecture, business strategy, and market conditions necessary for superior profitability. You will also briefly examine the necessity of organizational change
- Chapter 15, “Entry Strategy and Strategic Alliances”
- How does a business decide when to enter a foreign market and on what scale? Here you will analyze and evaluate the various entry modes and the factors influencing a firm’s choice of entry mode
If you need anything else let me know. Thanks!