After the Crisis – Organizational Learning
Part A: Case Study: Mini- Case – Stage Collapse at the Indiana State Fair
INSTRUCTIONS: Review each question thoroughly and answer each question with a minimum of 200-word count. Use APA format to include in-text citations and a reference page, a cover page is not needed, and use scholarly articles only. Place answers underneath each question for an easier breakdown. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
1. In a narrative format, summarize the key facts and issues of the case “Stage Collapse at the Indiana State Fair”.
2. Update the information in the case by researching it on the Internet. Focus your response on the specific issues in the case.
3. Who should have been the final decision-maker regarding the concert? Why?
4. Discuss why team learning is as important as individual learning in crisis management situations. What is meant by the idea of building resilience through redundancy?
5. Assume you are an official in charge at a similar event. What steps would you take to promote organizational learning in the wake of the Indiana State Fair crisis?
Part B: Organization Learning
Why do some organizations experience crisis situations multiple times that concern the same issues? Why does organizational learning not take place?