Searching in the U.S. Supreme Court directory, locate one case involving a criminal procedure issue. Searching law in Texas, locate one case involving any criminal law issue. (need references)
- Identify the key facts from each case and the issues presented to the courts.
- Describe the laws relied on by the courts in reaching the decisions.
- Illustrate the connection between that authority and the way the courts ruled.
- Explain the interpretations of constitutional protections based on the decisions.
- Describe philosophical underpinnings and public policy influences.
- Relate the importance of conducting this case analysis to a criminal justice career.