Our reading for this week discusses criminological theory which is the explanation of criminal behavior as well as the behavior of police, attorneys, prosecutors, judges, correctional personnel, victims, and others who play a role in the criminal justice process.
It is important to develop an understanding of why people commit crimes as a baseline to combat crime and to gain a better understanding of criminal activity.
For this assignment, compose a research paper that compares and contrasts the following theories:
- Classical approach
- Neoclassical approach
- Biological theories
- Psychological theories
- Sociological theories
Be sure to define each of the five and provide a specific example of the theory. Conduct research and find an example of at least one theory and write a detailed summary about the theory. Also identify how each theory can help identify and prevent crime.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- 2-3 pages (approx. 300 words per page), not including title page or references page
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page with topic and name of student
- Minimum of two in-text citations with corresponding references
- References page (minimum of 2 resources)