Complete Leadership Discussion and Assignment, management homework help
INSTRUCTIONS: PLEASE ATTACH DISCUSSION ON ONE DOCUMENT AND THE ASSIGNMENT ON A SEPARATE DOCUMENT SO THAT I KNOW WHICH IS WHICH.
Followership Habits and Style
Consider your followership habits and style as well as what you expect from your leader.
Discuss the following questions in your post:
- As a leader, what would you want most from followers?
- As a follower, what would you want most from your leader?
- How do these differ?
- How are they the same?
Why is “managing up” important in organizations?
This week’s theory discussed four tactics that enables followers to overcome the authority-based relationship and develop an effective, respectful relationship with their leaders.
Address the following in your paper:
- How can you be a resource for your leader?
- How can you help the leader be a good leader?
- How can you build a relationship with the leader?
- How can you view the leader realistically?
- What strategy would you use to “manage up”?
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 750 – 1,250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.