Prepare an assessment of local economic development programs within your community. To address the key issues related to economic planning, you will need to
- Describe the types of economic development programs that are being conducted in your community.
- Analyze the actors involved in the economic development programs.
- Explain the short-term and long-term goals of the economic development programs.
- Assess the types of issues (i.e., political, economic) faced by the economic development programs.
The Community Assessment Paper
- five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages)
Please use the following sources below. Please check grammar. Please when using sources information please use in-text citation.
- Levy, J. M. (2013). Contemporary urban planning (10th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson-Prentice Hall Press.
- Chapter 13: Economic Development Planning
- Chapter 14: Growth Management, Smart Growth, and Sustainable Development
- Doctoroff, D. L. (2006). No small plans. Economic Development Journal, 5(2), 17-23. Retrieved from http://www.iedconline.org/web-pages/resources-publications/economic-development-journal/
- The full-text version of this article is available through the EBSCOhost database in the Ashford University Library. This article provides information that will assist you in your discussions this week.
- Yu, L. (2007). A sustainable development form for metropolises in China: A case study of Beijing. International Development Planning Review, 29(4), 451. Retrieved from http://online.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/loi/idpr