Option #1: Case Study Analysis: Social Benefit or Social Disaster?
Read and respond to a case study to demonstrate your understanding of, and ability to apply, the most important concepts of the module, especially regarding the potential pitfalls of communication media.
review a case study of Twitter in the 9th edition of the course textbook.
In an integrated essay, analyze the case from the perspective of a business organization, providing support for your analysis by replying to each of the following questions:
- What are the advantages and drawbacks for organizations using social media to communicate with various employees, customers, or the global communities?
- How do communication barriers surface when using social media versus using traditional media?
- What specific steps should managers take to be sure they communicate effectively when using social media?
- What, if any, rules or policies should business organizations implement for employees using social media after office hours? What types of rules or policies do you think would be necessary? Be as specific as possible.
- What communication barriers might a manager encounter when using social media to create an organizational internship program? From your recent readings and experiences, what guidelines could you suggest for managers and organizations?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- 3-4 pages in length
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements
- Cite a minimum of two scholarly sources, at least one of which is not provided in, or linked from, the course. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find scholarly sources!
Write clearly and logically, as you will be graded on content, analysis, and your adherence to the tenets of good academic writing, which should be succinct where possible while also exploring the topics appropriately. Remember that you can always improve your work by providing support from outside scholarly sources, which help both to bolster your own assertions and supplement your ideas.