This case assignment provides an opportunity to improve your analytical skills. Before you begin, make sure you’ve studied the materials in the assigned chapters thoroughly because you need to apply those concepts to your case analysis. Your assignment should include the following:
- a. Title page
- b. A table of content
- c. Footnotes-you must link your analysis to the materials/concepts in the book. Footnotes must include page numbers.
- d. The main body of the assignment should be 3 to 5 pages in length double-spaced. Use headings, sub-headings, bullets, etc. liberally for cleaner organization and a friendlier reading.
This is an open book assignment. Be sure that your analysis reflects the application of your knowledge of the assigned readings and any additional sources that you find necessary.
Read case # 4 (in your textbook) “Sirius XM Satelite Radio Inc. in 2014: On track to Succeed after a Near-Death Experience?.” and perform the following analysis:
- How strong/medium/weak are the five competitive forces confronting Sirius XM? Perform the five forces analysis to support your answers.(50 pts)
- Construct the strategic group map of the industry. Is Sirius well positioned on the map? Why or Why not? (25 pts)
- What are the Key Success Factors in this industry? (25 pts)
Chapter 3 of your text provides a detailed discussion of topics/tools that you would need to know in order to complete this assignment.
Required Texts and Materials
Gamble, J.; and Peteraf, M. A.; Thompson, A. A.; (2017). Essentials of Strategic Management: The Quest for Competitive Advantage, 5th Ed. McGraw-Hill Irwin. ISBN: 978-1-259-54698-3.