You have recently been hired as a manager in training (MIT) by one of the largest food service contract management corporations in the United States. Your new position as MIT is allocated to the southeast regional division. After welcoming you into the division, the regional vice president indicates that you have your choice of 4 different MIT positions within the region (one position from each of the following segments: health care, education, business and industry, and corrections). The vice president is requesting your input into the decision-making process to determine your first assignment.
Your research should include the following topic:
- Business & industry
- Identify the types of food service operations within the segment you have chosen.
- Describe the services provided by your chosen segment within the food service industry.
- Discuss employment within the segment, including both hourly and salaried employees.
- Describe and discuss the size and scope of the particular segment that you have chosen.
- Provide evidence that supports at least 1 example of industry performance and 1 example of a trend in the segment you have chosen.
- Give a final explanation of why you would like to join this segment and your career expectations as an MIT.
- Be sure to use proper APA style and cite all sources.