The eight- to ten-page business plan should should include examples from previous experiences as well as implications for future applications.
Focus of the Paper
Construct a business plan for a small business venture of your choosing.
Your business plan must:
- Include an executive summary.
- Be sure to include a description of the venture with emphasis on the unique characteristics and important aspects. The overall summary of the project’s viability must be included in the executive summary.
- Explain the organization’s mission and vision statements to address the direction of the business.
- Describe the business.
- The description must include a history of the company and industry as well as the value to consumers.
- Include the creation of a marketing component.
- At a minimum, address the research analysis and the marketing strategy.
- Tip: The research analysis identifies the target market and trends, and the marketing plan discusses market strategy, pricing, advertising, and sales.
- Outline the research, design, and development.
- Be sure to include developmental and technical research leading to the design of the product.
- Explain the operations segment.
- Be sure to focus on the location, production facilities, and equipment.
- Explain the management perspective.
- Address the key employees, methods of compensation, and any outside advisors.
- Give an example of two critical risks.
- Be sure to identify potential problems and alternative courses of action.
- Calculate financial forecasting or revenue projections.
- All of the following financial statements must be included and clearly labeled with relevant headings: the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow.
- Describe the harvest strategy.
- This segment projects a long-term plan for how the entrepreneur(s) will benefit from the success of the venture.
- Determine the milestone schedule.
- Include the objectives and their deadlines.
- Include appendices.
- Supporting materials such as charts, tables and figures should be provided in an appendix.
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
- Must include a separate title page.
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must provide section headers to clearly label each of the above sections (1 through 12.)
- Must use at least six scholarly sources.
- Must document all sources in APA style.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style.