BSC Implementation and the Internal Business Process Perspective (SLP3)
For Module 3, consider the organization’s mission and strategy from the perspective of its internal business processes (from your work on the case, your previous course work, and your background reading, you should be reasonably clear what such business processes are). In this section of the assignment you’ll begin to identify objectives and measures relevant to that perspective. Refer back to this presentation on objectives if you need to.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Once you’re reasonably clear on what’s involved, think about your organization and its business processes, and then:
Identify at least three objectives for improving the organization’s internal business processes, and show how they relate to the mission, vision and strategy of the organization.
- For each objective, develop at least one meaningful performance measure (metric).
- For each objective, identify at least one expected level of performance (target).
- For each objective, identify at least one new action or program that needs to be developed to ensure successful implementation of the organization’s strategy (initiative).
- Comment briefly on the relationships of the process objectives that you’ve identified here to the finance objectives that you identified in the Module 1 SLP assignment and/or the customer service objectives that you identified in the Module 2 SLP assignment. How do they help to fulfill those objectives? If they don’t (and they don’t have to), what makes them more important than objectives that would relate to finance or customer service?
- Finally, do you wish to make any changes to your Module 1 or Module 2 objective write-ups in light of your Module 3 experience?
Here’s a table that you may wish to copy and fill in (the boxes are expandable – take all the space you need to be complete in your descriptions. No more than 2-3 pages should be necessary.)