Assignment 2: Discussion—Enterprise Resource Planning, business and finance homework help
Assignment 2: Discussion—Enterprise Resource Planning
Reflect on the readings for this module as well as those from previous modules when you consider this module’s discussion question. In your response, take into account the time constraints on modern businesses in terms of time to market and demand for innovation. As an aside, and not as part of the assignment, you may wish to consider how your answers would or would not change if you were considering a craftsmen-type or vertically-integrated business.
Based on the above information and on your reflection of the readings for the course, respond to the following:
- If continuous improvement is the key to remain competitive, then why do firms codify so many processes into enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems?
- Does this limit innovation and if so, how can that risk be reduced? If you were an ERP vendor what would be your perspective?
Write your initial response in 300 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Initial response was:
- Insightful, original, accurate, and timely.
- Substantive and demonstrated advanced understanding of concepts.
- Compiled/synthesized theories and concepts drawn from a variety of sources to support statements and conclusions.
Discussion Response and Participation:
- Responded to a minimum of two peers in a timely manner.
- Offered points of view supported by research.
- Asked challenging questions that promoted discussion.
- Drew relationships between one or more points in the discussion.
- Wrote in a clear, concise, formal, and organized manner.
- Responses were error free.
- Information from sources, where applicable, was paraphrased appropriately and accurately cited.