Assignment 1: Discussion—The Ethical Business Process
If an organization wants to take ethics seriously, it needs to identify values to which it wishes to be committed and held accountable. Then, the organization needs to translate those values into clearly stated business practices for all employees on how to act responsibly in different circumstances.
Thinking ethically and voicing values are important aspects of moral decision making.
Using the module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, respond to the following questions. You can use a numbered list to describe and justify the principles relating to each step in the process.
- Which key elements should leaders consider in developing business practices that reflect an ethical organization? Justify your responses.
- Why are these elements important?
- In what situations would certain elements become more important than others?
- What principles are central to the process you are proposing? For example, you can number it as 1-2-3 and provide some discussion and justifications for the steps in each aspect:
- Set the bar.
- Motivate ethical standards.
- Provide training.
- Apply at least one ethical theory in your recommendation.
By Week 2, Day 3, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through Week 2, Day 5, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Initial response was:
Discussion Response and Participation: