THERE ARE 3 PARTS TO THIS ASSIGNMENT. MUST BE UNDER 15 PERCENT IN TURNITIN. I HAVE BEEN GETTING A L;OT OF BAD WORK LATELY SO PLEASE DO NOT BID IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO OR CANT DO THE WORK. THERE ARE 3 ASSIGNMENTS HERE
First part i need 5 power point slides with in depth speaker notes second part in 2 to 3 page paper
The firm manufactures a global positioning system (GPS) that sells for $2,000, with cost of goods sold (hardware 30% and software 70%) of 55% of sales. Compared to the United States, China offers a 7% cost reduction in electronics manufacturing hardware and a 45% reduction in software programming. India offers a 32% reduction in software programming costs. So far, you have been unable to determine whether India has the facilities to undertake the hardware manufacturing. The firm has to invest $300 million. As far as China is concerned, you can send hardware and software manufacturing to China or India.
You have been asked to lead a team to study and create a report for the executive team on both countries as business opportunities. As a group, study both China and India to make your calculations and recommendations as follows.
- Risk is a significant factor. Identify each of the risk factors for each country (political stability, exposures of transaction, interest rate, operating, and translation); currency exchange rates; currency controls; skilled labor; facilities; infrastructure; each country’s track record in using foreign direct investment (FDI); and any history of political corruption and roadblocks to establishing a going concern business.
- Explore the expected GDP growth of each country and the forecast exchange rates to the U.S. dollar. Based on the forecast exchange rate with the U.S. dollar in 1 and 2 years, should the $300 million investments be paid for immediately, hedged, or paid 50% ($150 million) in 1 year and 50% in 2 years?
- Include in-text citations as well as a list of references using APA style.
Individual Deliverable (2–3 body pages)
Investigate and back up your decision on the question of whether or not it would be more ethical to invest the money in the U.S.
As a family firm, Content Cow Dairy and Mr. Swanson are worried about the firm’s homespun and patriotic image. Mr. Swanson has seen the film clips of protestors at the World Bank and other international meetings calling for fair trade, not free trade, and wants to avoid controversy. You have been asked to prepare a research paper that should include the following:
- Describe the concepts of free trade and fair trade, and then discuss the difference between the two. Identify a product or products that are fairly traded.
- Where and how are these products marketed?
- Are milk and milk products generally considered fairly traded goods?
What are the preferred corporate management strategies (e.g. think-local, act-local; think-global, act-global; and think-global, act-local) recognizable in the organization’s foreign operations? Identify problems faced by the organization’s foreign affiliate(s) and make recommendations for solving the problems.
Present your findings as a 4-5 pages Word document formatted in APA style.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head and title in all capital letters.
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third-person voice.
- Body: The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page, and it must be double-spaced between paragraphs. The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3–4 pages. In-text academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-text academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper- and lower-case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the reference page is not a bibliography, but it is a further listing of the abbreviated in-text citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-text citation.