Select a hazard described in chapters three and four that interests you (hurricane, flooding, tornadoes, etc). Use internet media search engines (news.google.com) or disaster websites (e.g., www.reliefweb.int) to find a recent example of a disaster caused by this hazard.
Write a 1-2 page paper addressing the following:
- The type of hazard
- The country where the disaster occurred
- The consequences of the event
- The cause of the event (e.g., excessive rainfall caused the flood; an earthquake caused the landslide)
- Any secondary disasters that occurred because of the event
- Was any warning possible? Was a warning issued?
- Any interesting facts about the event
- A URL that provides a link to more information about the disaster